We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
How would you handle the feedback?
Pos / Neut / Neg.
Aware I can be a bit harsh with people but curious how others would see this one as there's a few factors in my opinion & I'm between neutral & negative.
Bought an item from a seller who has over 130k sales.
You could get a discount if you buy multiples but you had to add in a tailored message for how you want each item to be and it wasn't clear (to me anyway) whether I could put my specifications in for both items in the one message or what so for the sake of saving £1 per item I just placed 2 separate orders.
I made a mistake with the delivery address on one order & had them going to 2 different locations so I messaged the seller immediately, told them my error & asked if I could have them to the same address.
No response.
They arrived at the correct address, together - as in in the same packaging. So that's no acknowledgement & also no here's some money back as a bundled order. I got the bundled delivery at a separate delivery charge.
Both items arrived damaged. The packaging was fine which tells me they were packaged damaged.
I file returns on both, contact eBay asking what to do as I'll have 2 different QRs but only 1 lot of packing. They said let the seller know.
I did. Told the seller I'm returning both, why & also said they'd be packaged together.
They asked for photos of the damage - I told them multiple photos are in the returns claim if they want to see them.
The seller then had however long it was to issue a returns QR and if they hadn't done this by 12th May then eBay would step in.
11:15pm on 11th May they issue a returns QR. In my opinion that's an intentional move. English based company (actually only 30 mile from me). I'm not saying people aren't awake at 11:15pm but come on, that has to be intentionally left until almost the last second I would say.
I've actually re-ordered the items to see if these new ones arrive damaged or not & currently waiting on them.
As eBay are known to pull negative feedback when it's actually warranted, what sort of feedback would you leave?
🤐🤐🤐
Comments
-
Negative. No harm in it. Then block them so if you are selling something they don't 'revenge buy'.
0 -
I'm going to wait on the next items to come through before I leave anything but yeah I was leaning towards the negative. Didn't know if I was being harsh or what but there was more than 1 picking point for me.
Funnily, having a look at their negative reviews, there's a lot of complaints that mirror mine about items arriving damaged.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
None, no one reads it anyway.
With regard to postage, why should they refund anything? You knew how much it was going to cost you and were happy to pay it. Aside from the fact it's not always cost effective to combine postage as sometimes one larger parcel is more expensive than two smaller ones. It's for this exact reason I only offered free postage, of course it's not free, the postage cost is loaded into the item price, but it stopped buyers whining over issues like you raise.
Having said that, receiving broken items is disappointing and delaying sending a returns label is poor form from them. But rather than leaving poor feedback or expecting discounts on postage, just don't buy anything else from them.
0 -
Since you've asked the question…
They offer the option of buying one item at price X or if you buy 2 items in 1 transaction (they'd always get lumped together btw due to the sizing) then it's at price Y, Y being cheaper than X obviously.
I paid for the service of X. I could've messaged them & asked how it worked but I didn't & just paid for X.
They sent via Y which I can assure you would've been at a cheaper cost to themselves.
A good seller would've got in touch & said look you've basically bought Y so here's a partial refund of the difference (customer service & all that).
In the past when I've sold items individually (but on totally different listings, not the same listing like in this case) and one buyer has bought 2 different items from me, I've given them the option - I've said look you've paid for item A & item B, I can actually bundle them together & it'll be cheaper for you in the end so I can partially refund you £x.xx. How would you like to proceed - do you want it to stay as it is or do you want it bundled together with a partial refund for what you'll save on postage.
They took the saving & left me positive feedback.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
quote '
They offer the option of buying one item at price X or if you buy 2 items in 1 transaction (they'd always get lumped together btw due to the sizing) then it's at price Y, Y being cheaper than X obviously.'But you didn't buy 2 items in the same transaction, if this was a business seller then they will have paid a premium on both items without the benefit of a combined invoice.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.1 -
I was under the impression sellers should post to the ebay address on the account and not act on messages asking for the delivery address to be changed ?
1 -
For seller protection that’s correct. It isn’t forbidden though , it just leaves a seller vulnerable so OP was lucky seller was happy to do it.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
No I didn't buy 2 items in the same transaction.
So by that same token they shouldn't then bundle up different transactions together as one.
I'm always careful when opening something so that if needs be I can reuse their packaging if I have to return.
And I was fully prepared to be told no I can't send to the address you asked. It wouldn't have been the end of the world though as the other address was a relatives which I usually use when I'm at work.
🤐🤐🤐
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
