We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

HORIZON Parking Camera

lorvik
lorvik Posts: 5 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 12 May at 1:43PM in Motoring

Hi guys

I hope someone will be able to advise me on this as it isn’t just me but feel it could be happening to others all over and may mean they are being [Some text removed by the Forum Team] charged in error.

I dropped my granddaughter to school on 22/5/26 at 07.47 and parked in Tesco car park I also went into Tesco and brought my cigarettes. I then left and went back home approximately 15/20 minutes away. I did some shopping in Lidl's by me. And have this showing on my bank statement timed 9.15am.

I then went to pick my granddaughter up after school at approximately 15.45 and went into Tesco to buy her some sweets, leaving Tesco car park at 15.56.

I have received in the post Saturday a parking ticket saying the ANPR had me entering at 07.47 and not leaving until 15.56🤔🤬🤬 I am so angry I am appealing this but want to know who I can report this to as these parking enforcement companies get away with too much.


many thanks in advance

«1

Comments

  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 16,619 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    This is a classic double-dip and pretty easy to beat if you have any evidence you were somewhere else during the day.

    Hop over to https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking and have a look at the guides.

  • cpbackhouse
    cpbackhouse Posts: 101 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 12 May at 11:07AM

    I have had friends who have had similar issues and they found the best way was to contact the manager of the supermarket, especially if it is a car park only for them. The key they found was not letting the manager say they don't operate their own car park and that they would escalate the complaint up the management chain of the supermarket if not resolved.

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,777 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Google on android has a timeline which often shows you were elsewhere alongside your Lidl receipt

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 9,199 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,695 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    But the car's memory might, my car can tell me what journeys it made when.

    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    This happens with Tesco all the time.

    I've had 50 plus letters from them.

    I was a mini cab driver for years, the firm I worked for had a phone in Tesco's to book us.

    So I might go in 10/20 times a day.

    I would get letters stating I had been there for 12/24 hours, I had breached the T&C'S by entering and leaving

    10 times a day etc.

    I called for the first 5 or 10 letters and explained I was a cab driver and went in and out as booked etc.

    After that I did not bother, on the last call I said please take me to court as my vehicle is tracked by my work

    ie jobs, times and pick up locations I would love a day out to court. This was all 15/20 years back.

    I know things have changed re parking fines etc. They can and will go to court at times.

    The last one was around 6 years ago, My vehicle insurance used a black box to track my milage, GPS tracking.

    Again I rang and asked to go to court.

    Stated I had a tracker, that was the last I heard from them.

  • James2k
    James2k Posts: 357 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Why did you bring your cigarettes to Tesco. Did they need milk?

  • Alanp
    Alanp Posts: 853 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper

    this could be where a dash cam comes in useful..

  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 16,619 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    It might not convince a criminal court jury, but it may be enough to cast sufficient doubt with a small claims court judge if it ever came to that.

    The parking company would need to try and convince the judge that OP left the car in the Tesco car park, before running home at superhuman speeds and proceeding to do a Lidl shop on foot, before going home and eventually returning to Tesco to buy some sweets and pick up the car. It's completely stupid.

    The 2 separate reciepts would also point to 2 separate visits.

    Though as mentioned cpbackhouse, going into Tesco with the reciepts and insisting the manager fixes it is going to the least hassle approach. Pointing out to them that if you're going to be harassed for £60 for popping in to buy stuff, you'll be forced to shop somewhere less predatory should help convince them.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.