We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
HSBC Business Banking - Extremely Poor
Hi
I don't often post on forums, but HSBC Business Banking has left me enraged.
I own and run a small building maintenance company, one of the company credit cards has stopped working, I called the customer services to resolve.
I was passed to 6 different people over the course of an hour, asked to verify myself 4 times eventually ending up with the fraud team, who couldn't verify me, lost for words.
I ended up hanging up when I was on hold for the 6th time.
Why are they so incompetent, does anyone know a good business bank with LOCAL call centres
Thanks for reading
J
Comments
-
AI says:
Several UK banks and building societies maintain UK-based call centres, including First Direct, Nationwide, Santander, and Metro Bank, which often feature UK support as a key service advantage
. Other institutions with significant UK-based telephony teams include Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and NatWest
Sense is not common.0 -
Only for SME business credit card: Capital On Tap seems to be highly recommended on the Small Business subreddit eg https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbusinessuk/comments/1sofzuc/capital_on_tap_business_credit_card/
We use COT ourselves for our business since 2024, have been very happy with it. (Note it does require personal guarantee).
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards