We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Some questions regarding moving forward with parking issue

Hi,

So to delve in; a LBC has come through the post addressed to the keeper. Just a generic letter though, no specifics and pleas to pay and a few fear tactics added about ccjs etc.

Now my issue is that as it was back in 2023, there is uncertainty if the keeper and/or driver had disclosed who the driver was at the time. Will this matter? How can I clarify if the details that they have regarding NTK issues? I know I have a copy of the appeal, but it's proving very difficult for me to find. I'm concerned that the steps haven't been followed properly and that it'll bite my on the backside. (If I recall correctly l was late to finding out about newbies thread)

Am I to await a proper LBC or do I respond to this current one with my intentions to defend the claim using the template on the newbies thread, alongside pointing out that the keeper was not driving?

I do struggle with the newbies thread as I'm dyslexic and parsing the information proves difficult.

Many thanks for any pointers past and future. Sorry to bog down the forum with another post if the answers are in clear view.

Comments

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,731 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 10 May at 11:30PM

    "Am I to await a proper LBC"

    Yes. Search the forum for Moorside LBC

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 3,609 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 11 May at 9:51AM

    Driver ID isn't always a major factor. If they ever made a claim you'd say you genuinely can't remember as it was 3 years ago. The onus is on them to make their claim at the end of the day.

  • cactusplant
    cactusplant Posts: 7 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

    Ok, I shall await a "formal" LBC. The current one does however give a 30 day deadline and that their client may instruct them to issue a claim. But no other forms or documentation came with the current letter.

    I have one more issue/query… If the keeper is not wanting to go to court, primarily as their job is away from home and is a critical role, so getting time off to attend to this matter when it wasn't them driving is going to be problematic to do. I'm doubtful that the keeper can have the driver act on their behalf while still retaining some kind of strong defence, if at all. So im a bit pickled with that situation.

    Just out of curiosity, is there any way I can buy you a coffee, or donate to say thanks? You spend so much time helping thousands of people here, and it's the least I could do.

  • cactusplant
    cactusplant Posts: 7 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

    I'll take another look through the defence thread that coupon put out there. I'm just still concerned that the keeper or driver had let some info slip that may be used against them. I'll have a read through the defence thread that coupon-mad has written up to better understand the next hurdles I guess

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,184 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    The keeper can name the driver and give them the correct address for the service of papers, to Moorside Legal and to the parking company

    The keeper will have discharged their Legal obligations by doing so, but its too late to do so once a court claim has been issued by the CNBC in Northampton using MCOL

    Mse is a free resource, its better for everyone if nobody gets any kind of remuneration or gifts due to giving out free independent advice

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,731 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    There is unlikely to ever be a hearing. Don't worry about that at all.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.