We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Consent orders after divorce

Hello there, I’m due to buy my ex wife out of our home as we are now divorced and have a financial consent order. Within a consent order you are given 99 days to settle up. I’ve remortgaged and have the money aside to buy her out but my ex has delayed returning paperwork by weeks on end and the conveyancing solicitor are really slow and terribly rated online because of this. I didn’t want to use them but they was the only option according to my bank, so I had to go with them. Are there any penalties if I go over the 99 day period? I’ve been prompt on everything I have had to do myself and return but the ex and the conveyancer have just dragged their heels at every opportunity. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 37,012 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Speak to your solicitor. Get in writing from them a complaint about delays.

    If you've have not made a mistake, you've made nothing
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.