We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Aldi cordless lawnmower

shiraz99
shiraz99 Posts: 2,025
1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
Forumite

Did anyone buy the new Ferrex cordless lawnmower from Aldi last week? I got one and apart from the fact that it's actually quite poor at cutting grass, I have an issue where the motor seems to dip down into a low power mode after only 5 mins of use, even though the battery is fully charged. It's supposed to be able to cover 200m2 but mine can barely do 20m2.

Comments

  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 3,472
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Forumite

    I wouldn't wait to see if others are having this issue. The fact that you are, is sufficient to use your consumer rights and reject the mower as unfit for purpose.

    I'm not a regular Aldi shopper, but I've returned items to Lidl on several occasions, and never experienced a problem. I'd expect Aldi to be equally responsive to a disappointment like this.

    Never believe anything until it's officially denied.

  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 5,200
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Forumite

    I shop in Aldi sometimes and it's never a bother taking something back. Just take your receipt if you have it and explain what's happened.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.