We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Outdoor litter tray enclosure
Morning, finally getting round to having the garden car proofed. Would like to move the litter trays outside so need them to be covered from the weather. All the cat houses are quite small. My cat is on the larger size, and absolutely refuses to use a covered litter box. So I need quite a large wooden house that he can get into, tall enough so he doesn't feel trapped and easy for me to be able to take the tray out to clean. I feel like it's a holy grail!
I looked at hutches as they were taller, but they all seemed to be on 2 levels, so no good.
Has anyone got such an house /hutch? Or do I need to cobble one together, bearing in mind My DIY skills are nonexistent. Can I buy a rabbit hutch and just bash out the middle bits to make one large tall hutch?!
Thanks
Comments
-
I have a large dog kennel outside from Amazon for when the cats want to snooze outside. Would fit a litter tray and more space left
2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32
0 -
Put some bark down in the garden. Cats love that generally. Well ours certainly did and weren't too fussed about the weather. Then again the stupider of the twins used to sleep in the middle of the lawn when it was raining. Her brighter sister would just dart through the cat flap, go to where the bark was under a large fuchsia bush, do her business and rush back in. And the fuchsia thrived on the fertiliser.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

