We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
G24 parking charge notice incorrect
Hi There, I have recieved a parking charge notice for parking in a Wickes car park at 4am on a Saturday morning, for 2 hours and 24 minutes. It has photos of my car entering and leaving the car park with a time and date stamp. Trouble I have is that I wasn't there at the time stated. I was at home in bed. I have visited the Wickes car park in the past couple of months, but never staying more than half an hour or so, and never at 4am (neither has anyone with access to my car).
The photos clearly show they were taken in broad daylight, which given sunrise wasn't until 6:50am that day would not be possible so clearly they were taken at a different time to what is stated.
Additionally, the notice was sent on 21/04/26 and the offence was meant to have taken place on 21/02/26 so I am unable to prove the whereabouts of my car on my CCTV as I no longer have CCTV from that time.
I am unsure how to word an appeal when I didn't commit the offence! I wasn't there at the time stated when the only proof I have is the lighting on the photos provided and my Google timeline that shows I (my phone) was at home until 4:48pm that day.
Comments
-
Not an offence, just a speculative invoice for alleged breach of contract.
Is the car definitely your car (but in daylight)?
Just fire them an appeal, but no mentioning the driver. Just some bullets will do:
Please cancel this PCN as you seem to have made various errors and it is completely unenforceable, namely:
1. The vehicle was nowhere near Wickes between 4am and 6.24am on the date stated. The clue is in that the photos you have supplied show the vehicle in broad daylight.2. The issue date stated is 21/2/26 but the notice was received on 21/4/26. Therefore no keeper liability can be established under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
Separately I will be performing a SAR to discover why you are storing photos of my car from previous visits where no contractual breach has ever occurred.
Your nameRegistered Keeper
2 -
Put your name but do not tick any box saying you are the driver, of course.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
