We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

LBC from Gladstones

Hi, so I received a PCN back in August last year. For context, I was delivering parcels via amazon flex to an address. To get access to the property there were gates blocking the entrance of both the pedestrian and vehicle access points. There was a small section of road just before the gates, and I was waiting in my car for 7 minutes in this area trying to get hold of the customer who I was delivering too. I had no choice but to wait in this area as it joined onto a main busy road with no other parking. I was completely unaware I had even entered the private land as I didn't enter the gates.

When I first received the PCN I appealed it and it got denied and I couldn't, and still can't, find the landowner to cancel it for me.

Anyways, I have now received a LBC from Gladstones, my question is how do I deal with this? I have attached photos of both the PCN and the LBC

Do I just use the template in the newbies thread and explain the situation of why I was parked there?

Would doing this get this whole PCN cancelled?

Thanks for any help

Comments

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,671 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Do I just use the template in the newbies thread and explain the situation of why I was parked there?

    Yes. It looks reasonable later on if you have engaged.

    Would doing this get this whole PCN cancelled?

    No. These cases are won in or before court.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.