We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Late account on Experian

Hi there.

I really need some advice.

BacBack in 2012 whilst working for a car finance company, I took out a personal loan with them to consolidate some cards and loans. 2 years later, I was forced out of the company. Unable to find a job for a number of years, I paid them £4.00 to stop the account going into default. Now I pay £10.00 a month. Unfortunately, my account is always showing as late payments and of course in arrears.

Last year, I tried to get a different mortgage with another lender but no one would entertain me despite all my accounts on my credit file being up to date. I have never missed any mortgage payments. Only my current lender would change my mortgage. But I was not able to drop down the years. The broker who arranged it all informed me that if I defaulted rhe account by not making payments, then I would stand a better chance of changing my mortgage. Does anyone know if this is correct. Thank you

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.