We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ebay simple delivery - what to do with excess RM stamps?

Now that Ebay is pushing their simple delivery which often makes use of Evri, what do you do with excess Royal Mail stamps? Tracked 24/48 services do not take prepaid stamps and Signed for services are approx double the cost.

Thinking of putting them on ebay itself?

I am relationship expert. Don't feel shy, say hello.

Comments

  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 5,443 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I'm in the same position - I've got lots of 1st class large stamps that I now can't use.

    I'm thinking of ignoring eBay's "simple delivery" which (in my opinion) was anything until I excluded Evri from my list of possible delivery options as deliveries went missing or were delayed by several days.
    That was I can use up my stamps and spend less on postage - there's a risk obviously as I'd have to pay any refunds if packages go missing but Royal Mail has been pretty reliable so far (touch wood!)
    Once I've used up my stamps, I'll go back to simple delivery.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competitions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,495 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 27 April at 4:42PM
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/81979173#Comment_81979173

    It's not impossible, but it is difficult to opt out of SD without playing around with categories. SD is automatic on most parcel size items, and even on some LL items so it isn't as simple as just opting out. Most of my private sales are now Vinted so i can't opt out of anything on there either.

    However I do understand the dilemma of excess stamps, I must easily have £1000+ worth and barely any use for them. Even family and friends aren't interested in free ones, no one really sends anything any more. I've looked at selling them on. but it looks near impossible as there are so many people now trying to offload stamps and few buyers.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 13,873 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 27 April at 9:58PM

    I've just listed some bits on Ebay and for smaller items (large letter) it does give you the option of using your stamps, I posted 2 items today that I was able to put stamps on. Like you I must have over £500 worth of stamps that need using. I did see a company mentioned on the Spectos thread who buys them, take a look there.

    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Hi, I wonder if you can post a link for that buyer here if that is allowed? Tried to look just now but only found old threads going back to 2023. Thank you.

  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 13,873 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Hi

    This is the thread, sorry I don't have time to scroll through it all but if you start at page 474 and work backwards I'm sure you will find it.

    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Money_Grabber13579 Posts: 4,522 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Newshound! Name Dropper

    It was probably this site:

    https://philatelink.co.uk/buying-prices

    Prices aren’t great though and depending on what you have, probably expect to get 50% or less than face value.

    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.