We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
EE Mobile
EE Rip Off 15% Increase!
I have been a customer for decades, retired OAP. Using only for emergencies. Last time my contract was renewed they tried to increase it from £7 month to £29! Refused and they changed it to £10 month(only deal they could offer)
Now after a year they have an automatic increase of15%.
I was not made aware of this at the time.
As it’s apparently a 2 year contract if I want to move they want £165!
looking at alternative suppliers I could get 5 times the data, unlimited calls and texts for half the price on 30 day contracts!
Because I am now house based and only have a mobile for calls the EE signal is useless!
Tried to speak to them about this and was basically told “I understand your not happy, but that’s it”
Will never use them again!
Is there any way out of the contract?
Just cancelling it would cost me more than I could save by moving.
Comments
-
Welcome to the forum.
I was not made aware of this at the time.
I suspect you were made aware of this at the time. It will be written into your contract.
As it’s apparently a 2 year contract if I want to move they want £165!
Any early exit fees will also be written into your contract.
looking at alternative suppliers I could get 5 times the data, unlimited calls and texts for half the price on 30 day contracts!
Yes, and that was also true 12 months ago when you renewed with EE. That was the time to compare contracts.
Because I am now house based and only have a mobile for calls the EE signal is useless!
Has the EE signal always been terrible at home, or is this a recent change? If it's always been terrible, why have you stuck with EE for so long?
In 11 months time, when your current contract is nearing its end, take a look at the MSE cheap mobile finder and see what options you have:
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Ecoflow Stream, Best kettle :-)
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.2 -
it sounds like it may be too late now but don’t have to renew a contract at the end of it. You either go onto a rolling contract which may stay the same or increase depending whether your initial contract was running at a discounted rate - (which was probably the case for you if it was going to increase to £29) - or you negotiate a new deal or you go elsewhere.
If you signed up to a new contract with them, then you are stuck with those terms and conditions or buying yourself out.Many mobile providers now have an April uplift clause in their terms and conditions.
You sound surprised it is a two year contract, but that should have been explained to you at the time you signed up to the new deal. If you don’t think it was then ask them to listen to the recording. You would also have had a welcome email with the relevant information in.
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.0 -
I ditched EE back in 2018 when I realised their plans and price increases were a rip off and went to an EE MVNO for a fraction of the price - what took you so long to realise 😲
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Your bad mobile signal at home might be mitigated by using wi-fi calling via your broadband internet connection.
If you tell us the make and model of your phone we might be able to advise if this might work.
1 -
Nearly two weeks have passed without a response.
It's annoying when people just come to rant, but don't seem to want solutions.
Wifi calling has been a game changer for me.
0 -
@marlot said "It's annoying when people just come to rant, but don't seem to want solutions"
This is the praise, vent and warnings board…..ranting is literally what the board is for 😁
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



