We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Is it too late to appeal this as it’s past 28 days and defaulted?
I was ready to submit my appeal on MCOL using the excellent guidelines you guys have given to smart parking but it ended up being an extremely hectic month and has gone past the 28 day appeals period. It has now defaulted to the judgement than I have to pay £839!! I was just about to pay it then realised that I have the option to cancel the judgement. Is this worth doing and could I have success? Please let me know.
Comments
-
Its never an appeal to a Money Claim, its a defence
You had 33 days from the claim form issue date to file your defence
As you failed to file your defence, a default Judgment has been issued
It would have taken you maybe 10 minutes to file the defence on MCOL, too late now
I am not convinced that you have good legal reasons to have it set aside, or that you would get your set aside fee back
I would suggest that you should negotiate a settlement figure with DCB LEGAL, privately
Someone else on here might pm you those contact details
1 -
thanks. If anyone does, that would be very useful. If you also have any advice on how to negotiate or your experience negotiating with them, please let me know.
0 -
Hang on @Gr1pr , my original issue date was 27 march 2026 on the original claim for, so it has only been 31 days since, not 33.
0 -
When was the AOS completed ? Date. ?
Ps, I have never dealt with DCB LEGAL or Smart Parking !
0 -
It will have been the correct number of days, otherwise the "Click here for default judgment" button wouldn't have appeared on MCOL.
1 -
You should apply to your local court to STAY THE WRIT (search the forum for examples) because over £600 sees bailiffs come very soon.
This was not s case to stop the ball on!
The good news is, an application to stay the writ costs just £15 and in practice, you get a hearing and judges will use the hearing to set aside the CCJ too.
All for £15.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


