We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

PCP - Voluntary Termination Car Return Delay

champk
champk Posts: 2 Newbie
Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

I am after a bit of advice.

I requested a voluntary termination on my PCP deal at the end of March and the organisation taking back my vehicle cannot inspect it until the 14th May.

Due to no fault of my own, I have to keep this car taxed and insured for 6 week longer than it needs to be.

Do I have any redress with the finance company as a result of the delay in being able to return the vehicle?

Comments

  • caprikid1
    caprikid1 Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Take a day off and deliver it ?

  • champk
    champk Posts: 2 Newbie
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

    I am delivering it. They won’t take it off me until the 14th May.

  • cpbackhouse
    cpbackhouse Posts: 101 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I had a similar situation with Volvo finance and they agreed to pay for temporary insurance as my new car was arriving and I didn't want to insure both.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.