We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Allowing visitor with EU licence to drive my car
Comments
-
Unfortunately, it's just one of those things insurers do not like doing.
Getting a non-UK-resident, foreign-national (any country) driver onto insurance has always been hard.0 -
I blame Brexit (even if it's not true).
3 -
No sillier than many other UK rules.
Just like a British resident can't drive a non-UK registered vehicle.
0 -
Temporary insurance from disruptors like Cuvva might work if they have the right IT systems.
0 -
Try these
https://www.sterling-insurance.co.uk/car-insurance-non-uk-residents/
1 -
Just as a temporary addition or for the duration of the policy?
I didn't have much trouble adding a family member from NZ to a policy for a day. I think it was Direct Line, but it was long enough ago that I can't be sure I'm remembering correctly.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

