We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

DPD could not find me, twice!

I live in a single-occupancy terrace house, in an area that was built at least one hundred years ago. I have a large house number plaque by my front door, as do my neighbours on either side and opposite.

Our street name features on every map I can find online. Enter my address & postcode, and there it is. Some maps even have an arrow pointing to my house!

DPD were supposed to collect a parcel from me last week. I waited in.

They did not arrive and put a note on the webpage claimed the occupant had nothing for them.

They tried again today. This time I followed the tracking - I was the next call. I stood in the window looking at the empty street and -ping!- up popped the message saying there was nothing to collect.

"Sell your books" want to arrange another collection, but what is the point? DPD - who have delivered stuff here in the past! - think I live elsewhere. Pity I don't know my other address 😣

Thank you for letting me vent.

I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.

Comments

  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 2,948
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Have DPD actually got your address recorded correctly? It's not impossible that someone has mis-keyed something, so instead of going to number 23 they've gone to number 33 instead?

  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,128
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    My address was recorded correctly, and for the second attempt I stood in the window when the tracking said I was the next collection. The road was empty of traffic and nobody was outside my house when the driver claimed he was at my door.

    Fortunately, collection was successful on the third attempt! I'd sent DPD a photograph and a screenshot from Google maps via the Customer Hero at Sell Your Books after they insisted on another chance.

    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,829
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Why not set up What Three Words on the DPD app ??

    That might solve your problem.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.