time to get the loan form in!

You're probably all far more organised than we are, but just a reminder that the student support application forms are due in by 1 July. So if you haven't yet done your / your son's / your daughter's form, get your skates on.

At least that's for students starting this September, can't say what you ongoing students ought to have done by now!

And I know, I started wittering on about this months ago and finally got my son's form in today!
Signature removed for peace of mind

Comments

• I sent my form off at the start of May, and heard back on Saturday. Looks like I'll have to pay full fees, but I get a bit more than the standard loan, so it's not too bad!
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    hand delivered mine ages ago, and still havent heard back. but its one of those things thatalways turns up out of theblue, once you have forgotten about it. if i havent heard by the end of july, then i'll start to panic :D
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Already sent to the Student Loans Company! :)
  • edna_clouds
    edna_clouds Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    How long does it take to get back to you on how much you will receive? As i sent mine off a while ago!
    sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue!

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    takes a while. i handed mine in ages ago, and have only just received the letter to acknoledge they had received it and were processing my application
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We posted my daughters form around the middle of June and received her award notice today.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How long does it take to get back to you on how much you will receive? As i sent mine off a while ago!
    This is a "How long is a piece of string" kind of question - as they are dealt with initially at a local level, it must depend how efficient the LEA is in processing them (and deciding how much fee support you'll get) and passing them on to SLC.

We've had my son's birth certificate back (I got to the office too late to ask them to copy it on the spot, but it was only his 'short' certificate so I wasn't too fussed) quite quickly, so I guess that's encouraging.

You could try phoning the office you sent it to, see if they can give you any clues?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport