We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Threat of accrued interest
Hi All
I've received a LoC from dcbl recently relating to a parking charge claim dating back to 2021. Part of their attempted leverage is to suggest that interest is accruing at 8% above base rate.
While I could just ignore this it has irritated (even further!) since I wrote to Smart Parking's previous agents four years ago stating they should stop harassing me with demand letters/court action, and if they were serious, then I was ready to go!
So I'm thinking of including a sentence in the LoC reply saying that suggesting interest was applicable was ridiculous given that history. So is it worth doing or is it a case of 'keep it simple stupid' and just follow the template?
Many thanks
Comments
-
Just follow the template
3 -
You could do, but since this is a DCB Legal Smart Parking case it's not worth the effort because discontinuation is guaranteed.
2 -
Thanks both 👋
I've sent the standard reply back following the draft.
I know contractual claims can be pursued for up to six years but are there any time scales applying to the claimant once they've sent out the LBC? Or can they wait to trigger the actual court claim at any time up to the six year point?
Only with the peak holiday season coming up would they fire out claims more the in the hope some get missed or apply extra pressure with conflicting priorities?
Don't think I'm being overly suspicious in dealing with these people!
0 -
"Only with the peak holiday season coming up would they fire out claims more the in the hope some get missed or apply extra pressure with conflicting priorities?"
Yes, DCB Legal do that every year.
They have all the time in the world to sue but it will follow shortly. As said, since this is a DCB Legal / Smart Parking case, discontinuation of the Claim shortly before the hearing is guaranteed by Xmas/New Year.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
