We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Utilities and moving house
I will be moving shortly ,at the moment I have different suppliers for my gas & electricity , but I want a new supplier with dual fuel when I move house . I am totally confused as to what the procedure is to arrange this change of supply whilst having a supplier from day 1 that I move in .
A, do I have to keep my current suppliers and tell of change of address and then arrange a new supplier
or
B,Can I take a meter read on day I move out and arrange a new supplier for my new address
Thanks
Comments
-
Normally you register with the current supplier of your new house when you move in, take readings etc. The estate agent should know who the supplier is.
Once you have moved in and done the above, you can then move suppliers if you wish.
You inform your current supplier you are moving, after taking readings.
Moving home – dealing with your energy supply - Citizens Advice
1 -
Thank you ,it's so long since last moved house
0 -
We moved last month. Took meter readings at both houses and submitted to the relevant companies and then immediately started the switch from BG who were the supplier at our new home back to Outfox.
The switch took 7 days.
We had the final bill for our old house pretty quickly but have not had a bill for the 7 days from BG for here yet. 😕
0 -
When you move out, let your supplier know.
When you move in, to the new property you are on a deemed supply from the existing provider(s). You can then start the move to new provider(s).
Take meter readings (photographed) of all your meters at the old and new properties. Don't forget the water meter if applicable.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
