We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Removing Charge from deeds
I am looking for some help as to removing a Charge from Land Registry records.
Several years ago, we loaned our daughter some money and on legal advice, placed a Charge on her property. We would now like to write off the loan and have the Charge removed. Is there a simple way to do this ourselves or would it need a solicitor?
Any advice appreciated and apologies if this is not the most appropriate forum.
Comments
-
When I did it some time ago I simply filled it in a DS1 discharge of charge form
Things may have changed since then of course but you could try calling the land registry they are usually very helpful
0 -
I assume you are referring to a registered legal charge and if so you need the following forms
Forms DS1/DS2 to discharge the legal charge
Mortgage: cancellation of entries for lenders (DS1) - GOV.UK and
Cancel entries relating to a charge: registration (DS2) - GOV.UK
You also need to have your identities verified
“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"2 -
Thank you Land Registry.
What is the fee for this please?
0 -
There is no fee
“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"1 -
Thank you.
0 -
Land_Registry I've paid the fee for a copy of the Title (receipt received) on 17/4 but no documentation yet. I can't seem to query it without a title number which I don't have, only a reference number.
Appreciate advice on how to proceed. Is there a phone number for a helpline please?
TIA
0 -
Public guidance: dealing with land and property - GOV.UK - phone and contact links
“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards