We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Royal Mail claim delivered. Not to me!

Just wondering where to start with this.

eBay item sent tracked, no signature. I was in today when I get the notification that it's been delivered. That's strange I thought, didn't hear the door. Looked outside, no parcel.

So I check the tracking. There's a close-up photo of my parcel with my correct address. Though the parcel could be anywhere.

I'm guessing it's been delivered to the wrong address. The tracking showed my general area on the map so as I live in flats perhaps it's gone to one of the others.

I don't know anybody so don't fancy knocking on doors, so what's the best course of action?

Thanks.

Comments

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,523 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 April at 4:50PM

    Unfortunately living in a flat means door knocking is really your only option with no specific location photo. Is there an entrance porch ? Can your flat number get mixed up ? Taking a close up photo of the parcel with no surrounding location is a bit pointless really.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • SpikeyKitten
    SpikeyKitten Posts: 96 Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    There are over a hundred flats…

    Checked the porch etc. No joy. Just have to hope that whomever has received it has the decency to bring it round. It has my address on so no excuse really. I have done that previously at an old address when I received a parcel for one of the flats across the road.

  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 8,336 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 April at 12:50PM

    My husband ordered me some beautiful earrings from QVC for a special birthday. Sadly my birthday came and went and there was no sign of the earrings. He contacted QVC and after he explained they not only refunded his money but sent a new pair of earrings.😺 pretty good customer service


    A week later one of our neighbours came round and gave us the lost earrings. She’d been on holiday when they were delivered to her by mistake. I didn’t know her well so invited her in for a cup of tea. It turned out her husband had died a year before and she didn’t really know anybody in the area. We had a nice chat and when I told her about our local U3A and my croquet group and my husbands bowls group she joined both.

    He asked QVC if they wanted the 2nd pair of earrings back and they just told him to keep them. I was pleased with that as I lost one, something I rarely do so all I need is another ear to wear my 3 earrings😹


    I also made a new friend

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.