We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Aviva Online
I have a quote for building and contents. Upon reading documents provided with the quote, I came across the following :
It appears that you can't access YOUR schedule at all until you actually buy it.
This seems akin to buying with one hand tied behind your back. Does anyone know of any other way to access prior to paying?
It's all very well for live chat to say oh well u can cancel within 14days, but then ur left paying out hundreds for a policy whilst waiting goodness knows how long for a refund from Aviva.
Most other policy's have an "exclusions" list for things like flood etc which u can clearly see prior to purchase helping u make an informed decision.
Comments
-
A schedule is personal to the individual so you won't be able to see it until you buy.
The actual policy wording will detail the exclusion generally applying.
2 -
So it seems. I've had policy's in the past where I can clearly see exclusion lists which was fine.
Tnx
0 -
There will also be a summary of cover document available.
1 -
I think that's where I found the above. 🤔
0 -
Have you checked the policy document
1 -
The above is replicated on page 14 of the document in your link, but thank you.
I'll endeavour to get a customer service phone number for them tomorrow or I'll take the nearest quote which does clearly show exclusions.
0 -
The schedule is generally a playback of what you have told them including your declarations and selected options.
So yes buildings cover will only apply if you have chosen to have insured your building or building and contents with them and won't apply if you have bought contents only. Whilst showing you the schedule would be nice ultimate you should know if you have bought B&C or C only and there are other ways to check in the process if you are worried you clicked the wrong option.
1 -
Understood, and no doubt about it being B&C.
However these days a lot of insurers exclude flood if u have said u are within say 400m of a water course. You don't always realise this when purchasing unless you can see the exclusions pre purchase.
0 -
Most dont thanks to FloodRe, they can off load the flood risk for a simple fixed fee and can add that fee to your premiums. Some bottom feeders might not or with slightly unusual target markets.
We live on the Thames and only once have I had a conversation about flooding and had to point out that if we are flooded then the City of London is underwater too with Lloyds and half the UK insurance market out of operation… if the thames barrier fails then my flat is the least of anyones worries.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
