We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
flexible border recommendations
A very good morning all
I am looking for flexible (maybe) border edging. I have a robo mower, so need (budget) lawn edging, but the lawn is not a straight edge, some is, some isn't. I am thinking plastic as it would last longer and be more flexible than wood, but robust enough to survive the strimmer. I think it would need to stand proud to the lawn by about 10cms?
What has worked for you? Thank you in advance
Comments
-
Years ago I bought some plastic lawn edging. It probably lasted for a couple of years before becoming brittle. I suspect that it wasn't very UV stable.
0 -
oh, yes that would be a problem, will keep looking, thank you
0 -
Have you looked at the old fashioned rope edged terracotta tiles? Would they be short enough to go round your curves relatively smoothly? Not sure why you want the edging to stick up so much above the surface of the lawn, is it because of the robot, I thought they were cleverer than having to be physically fenced in.
1 -
Apologies for the late reply.
My robomow sometimes climbs over the border and attempts to escape hence the need for higher borders. 😁 I have solved the problem for now, with plastic push in borders.
1 -
I have a friend who formed a border with upturned beer bottles (neck down) pushed into the ground - what was curious was that if the bottle was a slightly lighter shade of green, you could see plants growing up, inside the neck and into the inside of the bottle.
1 -
My grandad did the same in the 1940s, using old beer bottles. I think he helped trigger my sense of gardening awe as we could see ferns growing inside the bottles, despite having no fresh air or rain.
Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club1 -
A slightly different experience for me when we moved here. The walkway around the west end of the house was blocked, and in clearing it, about 150 wine bottles and some glasses were unearthed.
The bottles were taken to the recycling facility, but it was a very smelly journey. A proportion of the bottles had been entered by shrews and small rodents, which for some reason couldn't escape…..
Apologies to anyone eating lunch!
PS. The ordinary Everedge makes a very flexible lawn to border barrier at the height required. It's not cheap, but you'd only do it once.
Never believe anything until it's officially denied.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


