We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cross Border car hire in Europe

I'm trying to figure out how to get a decent quote for car hire that will cross Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. I know I'll be paying more for different pick up and drop off locations and a surcharge for going cross border but prices are crazy!

If I get a quote for 1 country then rates are ~£75 per day (even if pick-up and drop off locations are different)

If I put in 2 or 3 countries it is more than £200 per day.

I expected it to be more but this seems crazy. Am I doing something wrong or is this expected? At the moment I'm looking at car hire companies directly across each border from each other, sticking our back packs on and walking across the border to the new car hire shop on the other side!! This is almost possible but a bit of a pain. Thanks!

Comments

  • ellenvan
    ellenvan Posts: 527 Forumite
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    I always use Zest car hire . But never tried multiple countries. Worth getting a quote though you may have to walk across borders to get a good deal.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.