We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Travel Insurance for 2027

LouR1987
LouR1987 Posts: 5 Forumite
First Post

So last year we booked a package holiday with TUI to the Maldives for April 2027 for a big birthday next year, the flights are transitting through Dubai. I haven't been able to get travel insurance as yet as it was too far in advance but I'm now getting towards the date when I can take out insurance so I'm thinking more about the options. Given the current situation and no one knowing how long it will go on for, should I search for the few insurance companies that do provide cover also for disruption caused by acts of war/unrest even for transitting or is it essentially "after the horse has bolted" and pointless now, would they even cover if I've taken out the cover after the unrest/war began? Should I just take out a normal travel policy? It's looking like the whole holiday would be cancelled anyway if FCDO advice remains as it is currently for that region.

Comments

  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 17,794 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Well neither you or I are able to do anything about the war. Hopefully that will go away and not be a problem and the party can begin!

    I would at the minimum get some sort of cover for the things that might relatively be in your circle of control. So standard policy in case of injury etc that prevents travel nearer the day.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards.  If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board:  https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

    Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK

    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”  Nellie McClung
    ⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.