We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Paying for HC1 form
I need to order a copy of historic title deeds from 2003 for a client, by post using form HC1. As I don't have any bank accounts with a cheque book these days, is it OK to pay Land Registry with a postal order (old school I know!)? Any other options?
I looked at various 'firms' online offering reseller options for this, but they all looked massively dodgy to me, e.g. no proper contact details. Not inclined to give them any debit card details.
Comments
-
Answered on their website - "cheque or postal order" (I think POs go through the same clearing system so not really distinguished).
1 -
Postal Order will be fine says the fees page
cheque or postal order - make payable to ‘HM Land Registry’ and send with your application to our standard address
will cost you 12.5% of the value.
Some banks will cut a cheque for you in branch, don't know if there's a charge.
1 -
Money-saving option is of course to ask someone who has a chequebook…
1 -
Thanks all. Turns out my wife has a cheque book - who knew? Problem solved :-)
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

