We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2x CCJs by Group nexus/CP-Plus through DCB legal LTD Pls help

Hi all,

I'm new here, please do apologise if this is in the wrong area.


I was going through my credit file today and I realised I got 2 CCJs which are worth 501£ and 1621£ lasting from. These are related to group nexus from my Gym parking lot. I never received these tickets infarct my gym has free parking as long as the user holds gym membership. this has literally destroyed my credit score and made me really depressed as I am in no position to pay nearly 2000£ and I want to fight this

The 1st ccj was issued on 16th January 2026 and the second CCJ was issued on 24th march 2026

Even these claim forms were sent to my old addresses where I no longer stay. When I contacted DCB legal LTD they were reluctant to send me all the PCNs and just pushing me to pay which I declined.

While talking to the CNBC on the phone they said I need to fill in a form to set aside and also help with fees form as I am on low pay and receive income benefits. But I have no idea on what to write. should I just say I never received these PCNs and they were sent to the wrong address and my gym has free parking if I registered my car on the tab?

Please do guide me to the right resources on this forum

Thank you

Comments

  • TroubledTarts
    TroubledTarts Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    First check the terms of conditions of your gym membership regarding parking, that is your legal defence/reason for not paying the fines if that is the case.

    Have you spoken to your gym about this? Has anyone else been caught out in the past?

  • James_Poisson
    James_Poisson Posts: 966 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Sounds like you moved and never updated your V5C with the DVLA you should do this immediately, you could have even more to come if not.

    Stay in contact with the regulars on here who will help you through this thread, there are no "fines" involved these were just invoices that a scummy parking company have issued that they say you owed them but didn't pay.

    Someone will be along soon to guide you through this, I don't have any experience in the SCC process so keep out of it but others on here have years of dealing with these and you are in a much better position than you think, but do get those details up to date with the DVLA.

  • cow_jelly
    cow_jelly Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper

    Nah I updated my v5c all the time, these idiots still decided to send the info to my old address looks like it’s all faulty

  • cow_jelly
    cow_jelly Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper

    Unfortunately the gym has been sold to another party and all the staff are new, they have no idea on how to solve this

  • TroubledTarts
    TroubledTarts Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Were they sold before you received the new tickets and are they still offering the free parking package to members?

  • cow_jelly
    cow_jelly Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper

    yes, and also there is a new parking company now. where I have to enter the reg details on the tab in the gym which is same as before. I did enter the tab details all the time and even my car details were on the main gym systems so even though i did not enter the details on the tab I would've still be eligible for free parking and out of hours parking

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,793 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 April at 12:32AM

    Read a few recent CCJ set aside threads, e.g. the one by @Lia_F

    There is of course an entire section in post 2 of the NEWBIES FAQS thread about CCJ set asides. Read that first. You will need two applications if there are two CCJs.

    But I will send you a pm, as there is another way.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,793 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 April at 12:36AM

    Both CCJs settled for £60 (in total).

    All done & dusted (and given one of the CCJs is dated more than 30 days ago, I understand that a consent order will be supplied to the CNBC by DCB Legal to set that one aside).

    That's a win under the circumstances, IMHO, especially considering these involved multiple PCNs all sent to an old address.

    The 2 CCJs were for £501 and £1621.

    ANOTHER TWO BITE THE DUST!

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.