We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

browser banking v mobile app

spicer2
spicer2 Posts: 8 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

I needed to get into my nationwide mobile app account but for some reason the mobile app was down, but the browser version was apparently still working so I logged in, but was told to fully log in nationwide would need to send a verification notice to my mobile device ( the app ) but my app version was down ! so not much luck either way. I realise it is all for banking security to help protect client from fraud, but frustrating non the less.

spicer 2

Comments

  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 7,233 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    was there not an option to send a code by text message? We use the Halifax and if I need to log into the web version (as it has more functions) I get the code by text.

    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £8,594.01 Nearly there!
  • spicer2
    spicer2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

    true there are options once I found them out, but it is now a world where a laptop is no longer enough in its self. So that is why I have retained my card reader just in case, although some do not seem to like them much.

    spicer2

    thanks for reply

  • mta999
    mta999 Posts: 766 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    there are 3 ways to log onto Nationwide via browser - app notification, card reader and text to mobile

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.