We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Hire a car for a month or so
In about a month's time I might want to hire a car for a few weeks. I am not going anywhere, but we will need an extra car in the house, so I would use the hired car for my normal comings and goings.
I have had a quick search and there seem to be ok prices around, but what should I look for? Are there specific places/web sites I should go to?
Also, what about insurance? I used to have excess insurance, but I think that covered only up to a couple of weeks at the time max. Again, any advice on what to look for?
Thanks!
Comments
-
-
If it's for run-around duties, and you can plan ahead, have you checked if there is a car sharing scheme in the area that might suit?
Decluttering awards 2025: 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️, DH: 🏅🏅⭐️, DD1: 🏅 and one for Mum: 🏅1 -
I had not thought about it, and there is one here, but they charge £45/day or £6 an hour. I think I would end up obsessing over costs considering I would need it in order to work too...
0 -
There are some good tips here if you haven't seen them, including some discounts for car hire excess insurance
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-car-hire/
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
