We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

CGT , trouble logging in online

Some of you have kindly helped me on my other CGT thread.
Now I have a new problem.
Although within a gnat‘s whisker of completing my CGT return online today, I wasn’t able to upload the proofs/calculations because the system didn’t like something about my attempted uploads… they were screenshots from my phone of a couple of things but despite these being JPEGs , an acceptable type of file, the system rejected them. So I rang up the HMRC helpline & ( briefly) was told to convert them into PDFs. So I’ve done that.
Tried to get back into the HMRC site but of course nothing is saved and indeed I can’t get in at all now because I’ve been locked out whilst trying to prove my identity.
Jeepers creepers! What can I do?

Comments

  • mills112
    mills112 Posts: 497
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 31 March at 1:05PM

    Call them again to unlock your account?

    There is a size limit on the files that can be uploaded. I often scale the size down when I submit jpeg as my mobile camera takes high resolution photos, even with the resolution set to non HD! but yeah, always submit stuff in PDF if they accept that format because PDF documents are much smaller in size than JPEG.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.