We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Housing Association Bathroom Refit?
Comments
-
I think youre being optimistic on how often housing associations upgrade kitchen and bathroom..ours is 30 years
0 -
We get a new kitchen and bathroom every 15/20 years. Apparently all the bathrooms had baths rather than showers then the HA took the baths out and put showers in. We live in an over 60s property and many of the occupants couldn’t get in/out of the bath. Because I have arthritis in my back the GP/Hospital keep recommending hot baths. I asked if I could put a bath in at my own expense but they said no.
2 -
Update.
Lady came, said they would need OH to fit a shower or wet room, so I’m not having it done. Will wait until I cannot get in and out.
Paddle No 21:wave:3 -
My HA sent a letter confirming that I was turning down the refit. It ended with “If I had any concerns, to get in touch”. I emailed and said I did want my bathroom refitted but not with a bath, but was told I couldn’t have a shower set up. Very nice lady from the HA, rather than the company employed to install the bathroom that did the survey, called and said she was sure I could have a level access shower, without needing Occupational Health check. So I am having a new survey done, for a shower to be installed.
Paddle No 21:wave:6 -
That's excellent news. Here's hoping that the survey and installation of your new shower all goes well. From experience, the minor disruption for the actual installation is well worth it because it truly is life changing. I'm so pleased that your HA are being so helpful. Thank you for updating us but do come back and let us know how it all goes.
1 -
I'm hoping to absent myself to an Air bnb for a week, while they do the main part at least. Perhaps if they don't have to tidy up and leave a working toilet at the end of every day, it will be quicker for them and me. Happy to be around for tiling, painting etc. No idea how long the new survey and then choice of fixtures & fittings, will take to arrange. Already have my eye on an Air bnb that will be perfect, fingers crossed it is available the week I want it.
Paddle No 21 :wave:2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

