We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Flat roof leaking again

Back in June 2016 we had a major leak in our flat roof which destroyed the bedroom. LV our insurers were excellent and although it took a while paid for the repair of the roof plus the furniture etc

All was good...

Last week I noticed the tell tale signs on the ceiling of some damp coming through. Nowhere near as bad but definitely a sign.

The roofers gave us a 10year labour warranty and 20year manufacturers warranty certificate.

The question I have is should I contact the roofers (they are still around) or should I contact the insurance and they deal with the roofers.

Really not sure what is the best and safest way to approach this

Cheers

Comments

  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    What maintenance have you done on the flat roof in that time? Flat roofs re problematic and I have had issues with one I'd take steps to change the set up. Have you checked the gutters?

    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.