We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Personal Contract Hire Order/Price mismatch

2»

Comments

  • simonjh
    simonjh Posts: 9
    Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    It's not even been delivered yet.. wish you luck with the clubcard deals.

  • simonjh
    simonjh Posts: 9
    Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Yes the dealer is delivering the car, in a different colour description from the order, and a lower OTR/manufacturer list price value than the order.

  • Mildly_Miffed
    Mildly_Miffed Posts: 2,627
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I fail to see how the purchase price is relevant to the lease price, since you aren't buying the car.

    I asked a few days ago - what's the cancellation terms on the deal?
    Can you find a better deal elsewhere?
    Because, if you can, cancel and take it.
    If you can't…

  • facade
    facade Posts: 8,193
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 30 March at 8:25AM

    I'm assuming, but I can see that the OP would be upset that their lease cost was increased by choosing a car with an expensive paint option, yet isn't reduced by the car being cheaper with a no-cost paint option.

    The final slap in the face is the LeaseCo's admission that they buy all the cars in at the same price anyway whatever the spec., so there was actually no reason, (apart from that extra crate of bubbly at the shareholder's meeting) to have charged more for the lease in the first place!

    I'd be inclined to cancel out of spite if it didn't cost me anything, rather than be bitter about paying out an extra £20 a month for years.

    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

    (except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • simonjh
    simonjh Posts: 9
    Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 31 March at 6:01AM

    Thanks for the input to those that responded to my request for Opinions.

    I'll update my post again once I have a response from the broker to my formal complaint and/or if I need to raise with the FOS as I guess it might help others who experience a similar situation.

    Interestingly the PCH broker has the exact car/terms advertised with the revised included colour (exactly as I am receiving) at the lower monthly price through leasing.com which matches the original included colour that was advertised and stock wasn't available.

  • Mildly_Miffed
    Mildly_Miffed Posts: 2,627
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    So cancel and re-order. <shrug>

  • simonjh
    simonjh Posts: 9
    Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    I negotiated and agreed to a settlement with the Broker. I don't need to re-organise another PCH deal, re-arrange insurance or reschedule the return of my existing car as a result which is much better in my situation.

    If anyone else experiences a similar PCH misrepresentation situation I would certainly recommend raising a formal complaint with the broker, make sure you advise them you will progress to FOS and write reviews describing the issues encountered, that is if the broker is not willing to budge. And try to negotiate a settlement.. otherwise actually raise with FOS and write those reviews.

    Thanks again to all who responded to all who responded to my request for opinions.

  • Mildly_Miffed
    Mildly_Miffed Posts: 2,627
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    You negotiated a deal with the broker, yes.
    Now you want to change that deal.

    If they won't agree to change that original deal, cancel and re-order.

    If you don't want the hassle of that, stick with the original deal.

  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,315
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I think the OP has already renegotiated to his satisfaction.

    See his post above.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.