We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

I wondering about blacklisting my own address with Evri!

Because of issues I've always tried to avoid buying anything online that is likely to be delivered by Evri, but I've had no choice/slipped up a few times. In about the last year and a half I've had what should have been 7 or 8 Evri deliveries, but only three of them ever arrived, and one of those was only the box, the contents having gone walkies. I'm seriously wondering what the consequences of trying to get Evri to blacklist my own address would be!

*I currently have an expensive item due for delivery by Evri, I tried to get the suppier to use a different carrier at my expense but failed.

Any suggestions as I'm starting to lose the plot with/over them!

Comments

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    The problem though would be the sellers wouldn’t know your address was blacklisted so the items would be sent and have no way of getting to you.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • retireby35
    retireby35 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic

    I feel the same! Last week I received an empty parcel bag that was cut and I’m still trying to chase a refund… this is the second time I’ve received an empty parcel. I’m completely done with evri- if they are the only company that couriers the item, I wont order. Simple as.

    The first empty parcel I didn’t get compensated for… lost out on about £35.

  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 14,502 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I've considered that - they wanted ID as proof of age from me when they delivered a warranty return to me.

  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 11,189 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper

    I suppose instead of blacklisting what you'd need is delisting, so your address doesn't show up as an option when they go to populate the fields. But even if that were possible (I have no idea if it would be) it might not be a guarantee someone won't manually override it.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.