We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How many tablets did I buy?

So, I purchased this item:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09CLFL5TD?th=1

I expected to receive sufficient descaling tablets to do 8 cleans. Particularly based on prior purchase prices.

Each clean requires 2 tablets.

I actually received 1 box of 4 pouches; each pouch containing 2 tablets. Enough to do 4 cleans. BUT 8 tablets in total.

I wet back to the website to check the description - I was feeling rather irritated by only receiving half as much as I expected to receive. Looking at the listing, I think it is what it is and I have received "8 tablets".

I don't think I have any grounds to vent at the supplier, but the warning is that I need to take greater care reading the descriptions in future.

How does anyone else read the listing? 8 tablets or 8 cleans?

Comments

  • MyRealNameToo
    MyRealNameToo Posts: 5,269
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 20 March at 12:09PM

    It says 8 tablets and it states:

    To get the best results you’ll need to use 2 tablets per treatment, so you’ve got enough for 4 full treatments with this 8 pack to make sure your machine gives you delicious tasting drinks every time.

    It seems they do get some complaints though because they have the amusing note that the date on the box is production date not expiry date as they have no expiry.

    If its any consolation the Miele ones are similar but in their defence the numbers of tablets you use depends on the device you are descaling, for big appliances (like ours) its 2 but for small appliances its 1. The tablets tell you to read the appliance instructions for descaling rather than commenting directly themselves

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,798
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thanks MRNT, and I think you are correct.

    I purchased quickly and thought it was a good price but, compared to normal price for 8 cleans (16 tablets), that online price was a bit steep.

    I must read more carefully.

  • Woodstok2000
    Woodstok2000 Posts: 2,185
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Depending on where you live, one tablet may be enough for a descaling cycle...

  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,357
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    The ad isn't that misleading providing you look in detail. The pic clearly shows it states 4x2 pouches, and the detail says the same.

    FWIW I'd agree with your premise that 8 tablets should be 8 descales and they should be packed individually.

    I always use the liquid for descaling the kettle anyway, near London it's incredibly hard water that scales on the first boil sadly.

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,798
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thanks all - for some reason the Tassimo tablets are always two tablets (packed in on pouch) for one clean.

    I guess I was just venting a little bit at my mis-reading of the listing. I think I just went too quick, given I usually pay around £15 or £16 for 8 cleans (16 tablets), so this looked a good (but not absurdly unbelievable) price at £12. Actually, £12 for 4 cleans makes it expensive.

  • Renfrewman
    Renfrewman Posts: 191
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Why did you wet?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.