We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

My DMP diary - 2026 (year 1)

1…91011121315»

Comments

  • ArtyJ931
    ArtyJ931 Posts: 415
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Yes my excitement about earning loads from prolific has waned now I realise I probably won’t get on it lol no doubt I’ll sign up again next year after forgetting I already did it twice… 🙈

    DFW info LBM: March 26

    Total 03/26 69,481

    My DMP Diary - year 1

    "You put one foot in front of the other and one day you look back and see that you have climbed a mountain" Ready for the climb.💪

  • InDebtEnby
    InDebtEnby Posts: 382
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I ended my Netflix subscription a couple of years back and then prime last year and I haven't missed either. I watch ITV X and 4OD for streaming. I'm on my own so don't have to worry about entertaining anyone else though!

    Current No Spend Challenge: 9/13
    2025 No Spend Days: 114/150
    Bank Loan Original End Date: 08/2030
    Current End Date: 01/2030
  • ArtyJ931
    ArtyJ931 Posts: 415
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Week 28 check in

    Debt things

    • 0 emails
    • Potentially 1 phone call (who knows)
    • 0 letters
    • Spent a good half hour or so this week filing the pile of letters I'd put behind the folder instead of in it! Rearranged a few sections in the folder so that every debt has it's own section. I had originally done it so that every lender had their own section but actually that made no sense as I have multiple debts and kinds of debt with the same lender.
    • Haven't received my credit file through the post yet so still don't know if anything has defaulted.

    Other money things

    • Been paid this week and shuffled everything around and into the appropriate pots. (woohoo) also spent a bit of time fiddling about with my verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long standing in/out comings spreadsheet to reflect an increase/ reduction in bills.
    • I have built up one of my pots so I can buy annual house insurance instead of paying monthly when it renews in December, and I also have ALMOST enough to buy an annual gym membership shortly after which will give me 1 month a year free. Am loving this as it will give me a little pot of extra money monthly to throw into the full &final/ emergency fund pot.
    • My car needs a bit of TLC now winter is on it's way - nothing major so shouldn't cost much but my car pot is ok for it anyway.
    • CanNOT believe the price of diesel!!! Almost 2.00 a litre near here. Can't believe what I'm seeing. I'm cycling loads more than I normally do as a result of rising costs so that's positive on lots of levels, but still. I'm lucky I have the option.

    Nothing else major going on. Amazingly.

    DFW info LBM: March 26

    Total 03/26 69,481

    My DMP Diary - year 1

    "You put one foot in front of the other and one day you look back and see that you have climbed a mountain" Ready for the climb.💪

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.