We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Contradictory Questions and Final Policy Document buildings insurance

PoGee
PoGee Posts: 824 Forumite
Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
edited 16 March at 9:30PM in Insurance & life assurance

I took out a policy - the usual questions asked about the building history (over the last 25 years). Questions such as - any flooding in last 25 years, underpinning last 25 years etc.

I've owned the property for over 30 years and nothing like that has happened since I've taken ownership. The building is over 100 years old.

When I got the paperwork, it made no mention of the 25 year timeframe. It said instead - any flooding (lists my answer as 'no'), etc (other routine questions - my answers all 'no'). It's as if it's saying there's NEVER been flooding etc.

I called them. They said - 'it's ok, we just need a 25 year history'. Shouldn't that be reflected within the policy paperwork? How am I meant to know if anything happened to the property, say 40/ 50/60/70 years ago?

When I log a complaint, I get told to call in.

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.