We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Body work repairs
Hi
I recently cleaned my car and I was shocked at so many scratches and rust. The two main ones were caused by other drivers on two occasions. Car is 14 years old.
Does anyone know roughly what a body shop/garage would charge to repair these?
I’ve done home/DIY body repairs previously but I no longer have the open space and I can’t really be bothered to fix these myself.
Given the age and my budget (not huge) I am not looking for full respray on the affected areas. I am minded that garages will want to do the job properly, if putting their name and reputation to the work.
Comments
-
-
-
Go to a body shop and ask for an estimate of the cost.
If you’re not happy try another one.
1 -
Thanks for stating the obvious. I’m looking for anyone with experience that has a rough idea before I do this…
0 -
Rough budget is £200-300 per panel to be painted.
Mortgage free
Vocational freedom has arrived2 -
You could make that look a lot tidier with a small wire brush (to clean the rust back to bright metal), some rust-inhibitor on those bits of bare metal, then primer and top-coat pens.
2 -
Wow that’s a lot, but I suppose time is money and this is skilled labour.
0 -
Something to consider if I choose not to do the work professionally.
0 -
where you live will affect the cost.
Expensive area or cheaper area.0 -
If you don’t have anything helpful to contribute please don’t comment. You’re stating the obvious yet again. Of course the area is going to affect the cost. I won’t be acknowledging any future comments from your username.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





