We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Search Shows Ground Stability Natural Hazards should I be concerend?
Hi, I am looking to buy a property close to me, and the basic Environmental search has identified 1 Natural Hazard.
It doesn't say what, but it has flagged the whole estate on the map as being under the same one hazard.
I think it has to do with the type of soil that the estate was built on, i.e., clay.
But trust me, 70% of the 800 or more houses on the estate have been sold and mortgaged with no issue.
I have also lived on the estate for 50 years, and I have never seen any issues with any of them. The houses are solid and are well made
The report also says that the house is at risk of flooding and surface water. But I have never seen water come 20 ft near the house, and it says it is near to a river and floodplain.
The nearest river is about 12 miles away, unless we have a major one running outside that I don't know about.
It's a bit alarming, and I don't want to have to spend £££'s on further investigation.
Comments
-
Bottom covering. Everyone seems to do it now.
If you have lived on the estate for 50 years, your local knowledge has value. When we rented on a posh estate for a while, it took roughly a month to discover the S-word was unacceptable in polite conversation!
Never believe anything until it's officially denied.
0 -
The whole of London is built on clay, doesn’t stop properties being sold and mortgaged. The survey should pick up any concerning cracks.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
