We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
'Cancelled or void insurance.
Hi all, im about to insure my car and when seeing the 'have you had any insurance void or cancelled before' question.... its hit me that when I got life insurance back in 2023 I forgot to disclose a minor medical condition. I contacted Legal&General about this and they sent me a reply on their app (I didn't have the app), a few weeks later I got a letter saying the insurance was cancelled because I didn't call them in time (didn't know i had to)
Now im wondering if I must bear the black mark or cancelled insurance for the rest of my life? (Im only 28)
Is there a list of car insurers that will only ask for the last 5 years of cancellation history ect?
Comments
-
I would do a quote saying no, then BEFORE buying call them. My experience is that they will say they have no interest in Life, CI, IP or other forms of long term insurance contracts and are mainly interested in other car, van or bike policies. Kind of 50/50 on other general insurance products like Home or Pet.
Because of my line of work, I help insurers do 10-11 digit value deals, I struggle to find insurance for my business and have had special terms imposed, one policy cancelled etc. No personal lines insurer has ever cared about it.
1 -
Thanks, I've read that they go off the CUE database and that it doesnt hold information from life insurance policies
0 -
CUE is one of the databases, there are other counter fraud and information exchanges out there. Your right, it contains Motor and Home but just because thats the only data they can systematically check on doesnt mean you can lie about other products. Most are members of CIFAS and the likes so have mechanisms to talk to each other if they have suspicions.
A very significant proportion of insurance fraud is caught simply because the customer tells the claims team the truth, forgetting they had been less honest when they bought the policy.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards