Oh oh - here she goes again!

Options
Hiya - I'm back with more questions, sorry!!

1. NT Tax Code - does that start from the date of your bankruptcy and does the OR sort all of that out after the interview - do they back-date it? Is it me that needs to tell my employer I need to go on that code?

2. Pre-paid credit cards - I'm looking at the cashplus - is that the best and cheapest? I shop online a lot and I would just like to know the best one?

3. A bank account - I don't have a Co-op bank near me - can I do online and telephone banking with them if I am successful when I apply?

4. As I was told I went to Lloyds and the lady said she needed my BR Order in writing to close or amend my account - I was wondering if I can keep it but I do doubt it

5. IPA - I know I've been told by my OR's rep yesterday I won't get one - if I did change jobs in twelve months - can they only issue IPAs and BROs to "undischarged" bankrupts?

Thank you - oh and I still have lovely letters coming through from the creditors I think I'll write them all down and make sure they all know because after three and half weeks my bank didn't know I was BR and neither did any of my creditors - apart from the "lovely" HFO!

Love Lou x
BSC No 60
Wednesday 12.12.2007
:j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

Comments

• dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Loopy
    Don't know much about the other questions but an IPA can only be put into place whilst you are "undischarged". Once you are discharged(whether 6/8/12 mths) then you can earn whatever you like and you will not have to pay a % back to the OR.Somsbody is bound to come along and answer the other questions for you. All the best.Dal
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • loopy_lou1
    loopy_lou1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Dal. That's great. I am looking up NT tax codes - I think you get a date from the OR so that's fine. I'll let them do the work, then. I've heard hardly anything so far but I've done lots of stuff. Shopping around, asking questions. It's quite informative really eh? ;)

L x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi loopy_lou,
    • The O.R handles all that; they notify your tax office and you get an NT code for the remainder of the tax year. Given that we're quite close it may not even happen; it's more art than science, and it's not back dated.
    • We use a Cash Plus card that we applied for at the "Money Shop". There doesn't seem to be a clear "best one". The general opinion is to go for a Mastercard rather than Visa. Ours is £4.95 per month or £1 per transaction. You choose based on your spending habits.
    • I'm not sure about telephone banking but definitely omn line, and you can use a Post Office in place of a Co-Op branch.
    • You might be surprised. I wouldn't contact them and see if they find out.
    • An IPA can only be implemented before you're discharged. Same with BRO's unless you've stashed away millions.
    Richard
  • The_Madmouse
    Options
    You can telephone bank with the co-op cashplus basic account as well as online
    I eat trolls for breakfast :cool:
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    Thanks MM

Hiya Richard, how's Jane? Happy New Year btw. I'm afraid I was too honest and told my bank today. The woman was lovely, though.

All the questions answered as per! What would I do without you all? I'd be a lost soul! LOL

xxx
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• josoap_2
    josoap_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    hi loopy, i live in northern ireland and i phoned coop on xmas eve, got the visa electron card sent out a week later and the rest of the paperwork came a few days ago. they send out envelopes you can use to pay money in at the post office, and the card mens i can still shop online, it took five mins to set up and a two minute phonecall meant i was registered for online banking
    hope that helps
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    Oh brilliant - thanks for all the advice.
    I'm chuffed to bits now because I've found that Amazon accept Solo/Maestro/Visa Electron - wooohoo.
    I will need a MCard because I order from Amazon.com for imported DVDs. Not often but if there's something unavailable it's always handy to have. Mind you, Amazon.com will do the import for you.

Oh thanks a lot everybody - I'm phoning Co-op first thing Monday. Even if I can have my Lloyds account - I don't REALLY need it.

Oh things are looking much better x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    loopy_lou1 wrote: »
    Thanks MM

Hiya Richard, how's Jane? Happy New Year btw. I'm afraid I was too honest and told my bank today. The woman was lovely, though.

All the questions answered as per! What would I do without you all? I'd be a lost soul! LOL

xxx

Hi loopy_lou,

She's fine thanks, not one to let a nasty flu virus affect her, or her ability to leave me with a never ending list of chores to be done in her absence.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm honest too; just selectively.:D "Tell the truth, but don't always be telling the truth".;)
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Lou,

Are you on quidco? The Sun is doing a prepay mastercard on there and you get cashback :D Only £5 I think but every little helps.

If you are shopping on Amazon then always check on quidco to see if you can find it cheaper and get the cashback.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Gaz1971
    Gaz1971 Posts: 488 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    loopy_lou1 wrote: »
    Oh brilliant - thanks for all the advice.
    I'm chuffed to bits now because I've found that Amazon accept Solo/Maestro/Visa Electron - wooohoo.
    I will need a MCard because I order from Amazon.com for imported DVDs. Not often but if there's something unavailable it's always handy to have. Mind you, Amazon.com will do the import for you.

Oh thanks a lot everybody - I'm phoning Co-op first thing Monday. Even if I can have my Lloyds account - I don't REALLY need it.

Oh things are looking much better x

I opened my Co Op account just before Xmas(18th) but still got confirmation letter before Xmas. It took 10 mins tops on phone and another 3 min call to set up internet banking. Its really easy to bank, you pay cash in at Post Office, you put your card in the machine like when paying a bill and the cashier credits your account with the money. Cheques you can pay in aswell, you put a paying in slip and the cheque into one of the special envelopes you are sent and hand that over at the PO and they give you a reciept. You can check your account online and order paying in books and envelopes and you can call them 24hrs a day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure