We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Mutual exchange - 42 day rule confirmation
Hi
We submitted our application forms 5 weeks ago and when we chased again today the council said they required further paperwork from me to prove my grandchildren reside with me under a court order (I am a special guardian). They have stated that they cannot begin the process as this paperwork was not submitted - this is the first time I have been asked for it and our 42 days is up in 1 weeks time.
I have read the law and it says 42 days from application - I cannot see anything about supporting documents.
I would like to know if they can do this. We are moving for child protection reasons and I have told the council this but they are still insisting 42 days from today - can they do this. We have proof they had the applications and I have emails asking for a better copy of my driving licence a few weeks ago.
Thank you x
Comments
-
Is it 42 days from application being accepted?
Since they said they could not process it, that sounds like your application has not been accepted due to further paperwork needed.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards