worming kittens - money saving?

Options
Hi.

just wormed our little kittens for the first time. got stronghold which vets recommend. was expensive. 3 packs for £18. seen on the net cheaper

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Prescription_Drugs-Prescription_Drugs_R_-_U-Stronghold/c1_35_84/index.html?gclid=CPqooOa035ACFRMXQgodhDzbWQ

anyone know if there ok to use or if there is somewhere else? or even if there is an eqivelent that we can use? (have 2 kittys)

thanks
£2008 for 2008 club No. 286
Jan wins - £213, Feb wins - £55.80 March Wins - £27
(left to go: £1712.20)

Comments

• chuckles1066
    chuckles1066 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Options
    Mr_P wrote: »
    Hi.

just wormed our little kittens for the first time. got stronghold which vets recommend. was expensive. 3 packs for £18. seen on the net cheaper

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Prescription_Drugs-Prescription_Drugs_R_-_U-Stronghold/c1_35_84/index.html?gclid=CPqooOa035ACFRMXQgodhDzbWQ

anyone know if there ok to use or if there is somewhere else? or even if there is an eqivelent that we can use? (have 2 kittys)

thanks

BestPet Pharmacy

We use them on our pedigree Bengal (as recommended by his breeder).
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky

Any advice that you receive from me is worth exactly what you paid for it. Not a penny more or a penny less.
  • Mr_P_5
    Mr_P_5 Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    are not drops better? also they all seem to be for cats not kittens!

also see they dont cover flees like the others
    £2008 for 2008 club No. 286
    Jan wins - £213, Feb wins - £55.80 March Wins - £27
    (left to go: £1712.20)
  • Alibi_2
    Alibi_2 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Stronghold is one of the better products available. It covers you for fleas, ear mites and some worms (doesn't cover for tapeworm so you should do this too).

Will they be indoor or outdoor kittens? it also depends if they turn into hunters or not as to what sort of flea and worm treatments you use.

I would use the stronghold up then 4 weeks after the last treatment, worm them with either Milbermax Kitten or Drontal Cat (dose according to weight) and use Frontline for fleas every 5 / 6 weeks.

Ideally kittens with unknown background i.e. rescues should be wormed every month until they are 6 months then every 3-6 months thereafter, 3 months if they hunt alot 6 months if they like the easy life lounging about (like mine!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure