We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Balance does not add up.
My credit card had 2 fraudulent transactions so I called the help line to explain and was eventually put through to the UK help line.
She cancelled those transactions and my card and I got a new one sent.
This was 7 days ago.
Now when I add all the transactions up my balance is showing £7:25 to much.
I made a purchase on Ebay via Paypal on the 15th Feb for £7:25.
There is a £7:25 Ebay via Paypal transaction showing on the 18th Feb.
It only shows once on Paypal and once on Ebay and once on my card balance but has been added twice.
It took a while to explain this to the helpline but eventually she realised what I was saying and agreed the balance is £7:25 too high so she escalated it via email to the back office (whatever that means) and I have to call back in 3 days. I hope she explained everything in the email.
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and what my next move would be if the back office does not agree.
Comments
-
As it is only £7.25, personally I would pay the full statemented amount (including the £7.25).
If, as and when it is refunded, it will be credited on the next month's statement (so you pay £7.25 less then).
It might save a complication of paying less than the full statemented amount and then having to fight over interest charged etc and having to sort that one out as well if things get a bit awry.
5 -
Yes, I was going to pay it if they disputed it and keep trying.
It is on the current statement so no bill has been sent yet.
I looked online this morning and the correct balance is showing now.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards