We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Statement of Outstanding payments + fees ...Equiniti
Hi can anyone advise? Had a letter through from Equiniti that I dont understand. A previous employer ..saying I have a statement of outstanding payments..and there's a management fee payable?
Ive no idea what this letter relates to..I haven't sold any shares (that I know of) There was a de merger but I have been issued a statement for shares in the New company, so no idea what this statement is for..not ever seen one like this.
of course can give Equiniti a ring but thought id ask the MSE universe so I can get my dumb Q out of the way amongst friends Lol
Currently acquiring skills to Bake Sew Mend and Garden to Use Less of the world I live in and save some pennies along the way
Comments
-
Can you give more details of what the letter says?
0 -
hope this is ok.. had to cover up some details.
I'm on a quest to achieve Mindful living
Currently acquiring skills to Bake Sew Mend and Garden to Use Less of the world I live in and save some pennies along the way0 -
It's phrased oddly but it looks like it's saying Equiniti owes you money and you need to get in touch with it before 27/02/26 to claim it. If you don't there will be an annual £10 admin fee and this fee will continue to be charged until you either claim the money or what's owed to you is extinguished by the fee. If I were you I'd call Equniti in the coming week.
It mentions, "new valid account details" so perhaps it doesn't have your bank account details so cannot just send the money to you.
1 -
Mmmmmn I agree that its oddly phrased. agreed ill ring equiniti, but worried there's a CGT charge i didnt see coming... Eeeek.... Thank you
I'm on a quest to achieve Mindful living
Currently acquiring skills to Bake Sew Mend and Garden to Use Less of the world I live in and save some pennies along the way0 -
How much are we talking about? Were shares sold? Usually demergers are either a capital reduction for the original holding and that's the starting value of the demerged holding or it's classified as a dividend. Which company and which demerger?
1 -
I had one of those on behalf of my (deceased) father. I/he had been sent a cheque for a dividend, payable in euros (my father had ticked the wrong box for RDS dividend payments). The cheque remained un-presented for several years. I then got 'the' letter as his executor. Eventually (5 years+ later) I persuaded them to donate the €16 to charity…..
#2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £3661 -
will have to ask Equiniti how it arose. thanks for your help!
I'm on a quest to achieve Mindful living
Currently acquiring skills to Bake Sew Mend and Garden to Use Less of the world I live in and save some pennies along the way0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

