We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Car rejection through finance company
Hi everyone! Iv started the process of wanting to reject a car! Only bought in Dec from dealership! Had 3 issues within first 4 weeks and contacted finance and I'm currently waiting on a handler to be appointed! Anyone know the steps or want to expect next? I'm extremely frustrated with the car situation and want it gone asap!
Thank-you!
Comments
-
First point of call for rejection is the dealer, not the finance company.
Have you told the dealer you wish to reject it and exactly how many days after delivery did you do that?0 -
The dealer hasn't been of great help which left me no choice but to reach out to the finance company, who have been most helpful, they've paused anywork to be carried out on the vehicle till they do their investigation. Faults were reported as they happened to dealer and rang finance company round the 32 day mark thanks
0 -
If it’s PCP, the finance company owns the car so you reject it with both the dealer and the finance company. I know this as I’m going through it myself and I obtained legal advice.
1 -
I am currently going through this too. The finance company are aware and are looking into it. My car is past the 6 months now but the fault was notified to the dealer within a week. It has been in the garage 4 times, which I have the paperwork and have sent to them.
it went faulty again this week so I’ve taken a picture and sent them more evidence. Although they have said they can’t use pictures because you can create them with AI.So I’ve got as many distinguishable features into my picture such as the car on the dive and my arms in showing my unique tattoos.
1 -
Aw what a nightmare for you too! Good luck with the process stand your ground and know your rights! Surely with the faults prior to that things will go in your favour 🙏
0 -
Are you still driving it?
0 -
The car will drive, the issue is it's got water ingress in the vehicle the floor is soaking and there's an oil leak now too
0 -
Sorry, I don't think you read what I said. I asked if you're still driving the car? You cant reject it and carry on using it
1 -
Yep, the OP needs to be positive. Wanting to reject it is far from rejecting it. To reject the car, I would deliver a letter of rejection quoting why and what CRA 2015 section applies.
Simultaneously, I would drop the car at the garage and sign it over. Cancel RT and insurance.
Mortgage free
Vocational freedom has arrived1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards