We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Disrepair claim

Hello. Im hoping someone can advise me. I started a disrepair claim with a company called McDermott Smith Law Ltd around June 2024. However this company went into administration last year. I thought nothing off it and thought my claim was no longer valid. But someone called me on Saturday the 13th February, claiming to be from a company called PT solutions. The lady on the phone said that the claim had gone to them and that they had been trying to contact me. They said I had won my claim and it was for around £4000. She told me to sign a form that she sent me via email. I said I didn't receive it so she told me what email it was sent too but one part of the email was wrong. Instead of a _ she out a -. So that is why I wasn't receiving their emails. She eventually sent it to the correct email address and I signed and dated it. She said i would be contacted in the next 7 days. But im thinking did I do the right thing or have I been scammed. Although they do not have any of my bank details so what do you think I should do when they call back?

Comments

  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 27,297
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,524
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    What did the form that you signed actually say?

    I can find no mention online of any firm/company called PT Solutions with any connection to housing matters or legal proceedings.

  • Acotar
    Acotar Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Post
    Newbie

    It was a digital signature request. I clicked on a link and it had a box to sign. It was sent my info@ptnetworking.co.uk. I

    also tried searching for it solutions and couldn't find anything either.

  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 19,974
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    They're a claims company - mentioned here and various other hits to do with diesel claims etc

    PCP Claims UK / pcpclaimsuk.co.uk | FCA

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,524
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 17 February at 3:16PM

    Yes, but what did the document that you signed actually say?

  • Acotar
    Acotar Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Post
    Newbie

    Here is an update. When I initially got the form, it didn't actually say what it was. The lady on the phone said it was to release the £4000 that I had won. I have gone back to that email and clicked it again and it now takes me to a document . I have actually signed up for a new solicitors and it's a request form from clear law requesting Stephensons solicitors to send them my documents. This is not what i signed for. Im really annoyed with myself. Question is now how do I get out of this?

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,524
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Clear Law are a firm of Ambulance Chasers "trusted legal partner for individuals and families" out of Manchester.

    If one of their employees has lied to you about you having an award in order to sign you up then that's grounds for a complaint to their regulator, the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

    Way out of my depth here but if an award had been made would it have been made by a court? Who was the original complaint of disrepair made against?

    Presumably it's not necessary to engage legals if the award has already been made?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.