We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

346 southgate park stansted cm24 1py Parking Charge

srw1
srw1 Posts: 6 Forumite
Tenth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 9 February at 11:48AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking

Hi, need help fast!!

I apparently parked here for approximately 33 minutes- went to Starbucks. But the problem is that the original two letters they sent to me went to the wrong address. I only got the latest one, which says I am unable to appeal and is due within 14 days of the letter- so due by the 18 Feb 2026.

This is a well known site from what you guys have written, so any advice? It is for £170.00. Does anyone have a photo of the parking signs? Is 33 minutes over the limit? I read about boundaries and crossing them. But I do not think I did. The event happened almost a year ago, so I have no idea!

Thanks so much for your help!! (Removed by Forum Team)

Comments

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,200 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Read Post 4 in the newbies sticky thread in announcements near the top of the forum by coupon mad

    IGNORE the powerless debt collectors letters

    Come back to this thread if or when you receive a Letter of Claim giving you 30 days notice, or a Money Claim N1SDT pack from the CNBC in Northampton using MCOL in the post

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Nothing urgent needed. Ignore.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • srw1
    srw1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

    After speaking to DCBL they emailed me the original MET Parking Services Notice to Keeper dated 15 April 2025 with the charge and the MET Parking Charge Final Reminder on the 20th May 2025. I received in the post the Notice of Debt Recovery on Friday 6th February 2026!!

    Am I able to appeal? It says no due to time. But since the first two documents were sent to an old address I never saw anything until last Friday.

    This debt recovery letter says I have 14 days from the letter to pay. To pay or not to pay, that is the question.


    Thanks!!

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,200 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 February at 2:15PM

    No you cannot appeal , the pcns went to the address listed on the DVLA database, so the correct address at the time according to government records

    Ignore them

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • srw1
    srw1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

    UPDATE 3/05/26

    Got a call from DCB Legal offering a deal after submission of my defence submission to the court case. To assist the court their client is prepared to settle- they are 'agreeable' to go back to the original ticket of £185 and remove court costs and fees, out of the goodness of their heart I presume. I have seven days to agree with this offer. He asked why I was fighting this and I mentioned that it was a scam, that it is a well known location and is widely talked about on social media and forums, and that the car was only there for 33 minutes in a 60 minutes zone.

    However, I was quite worried about saying no to the offer and am fearful of going to court. Any advice? Thanks

  • srw1
    srw1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

    OH….he also said that I did not respond to a letter sent on the 10th March. I never got a letter.

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 May at 4:05PM

    Why did you answer that call when the Template Defence tells you not to? You don't talk to this bunch of chancers!

    Block the number NOW.

    Come on, it's only DCB Legal who always discontinue MET Parking cases before the date they have to pay the hearing fee.

    You are on the home straight now & will pay nothing at all. Sit tight. You can see it out but stop answering the phone. It's about to be discontinued. Don't blink now!

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • srw1
    srw1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

    My bad! I forgot not to take the call. I have blocked it. I have not answered it to date, so it was a fluke. Thank you as always. I will heed your advice.

  • srw1
    srw1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

    Update 22/05/26, got an email from DCB with their Directions questionnaire attached. I presume that is also normal and I should just sit tight?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.