We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Santander Hard Search

Hi

I had an alert from Experian today that a hard search had been carried out by Santander on 31st December. I don’t have any accounts with them and as far as I can remember never have.

The only thing I can think it is is fraud as I know I definitely didn’t do anything banking related on that day. Does anyone have any other suggestions of what would cause this to happen?

Thank you!

Comments

  • Gp2006
    Gp2006 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

    …just to add the address showing on the Experian report is incorrect as it was my old one that I moved from in August. Not sure if that’s just because I forgot to update Experian though or whether someone used my old address.

  • Woodstok2000
    Woodstok2000 Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    Have you done anything related to credit (credit cards, phones, utilities, banking, insurance, buying on finance etc etc) in the last 30-45 days?

  • Gp2006
    Gp2006 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

    Thanks for your reply. I don’t have any credit cards or finance. No debt apart from my mortgage. I moved in August so changed utility provider and bought new home insurances etc. I guess it would’ve shown up earlier if it was anything to do with my house move.

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,331 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Best to call Santander to make sure there's no new account in your name?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.