We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Any experience of posthumous pupoc claims?
middlewife
Posts: 309 Forumite
My mother died almost two years ago. In the last 10 days of her life I asked the care home manager and GP several times to apply for her fees to be paid as she was at end of life stage. I even completed the assessment and emailed it to the GP to expedite. For reasons that have never been explained, the GP claimed she sent it off, and I am sure she did as she asked several clarification questions.The day after mum died I received a very abrupt phone call from the claim department alleging they never received it and I would have to submit a pupoc ( previously unassessed periods of care) claim. This I did and waited a year. I then submitted a formal complaint which achieved nothing other than an apology and reassurance that I was in the queue and they were short of 70 staff. My sister then got her MP involved, which again has achieved nothing. Any advice on expediting this? Is it worth involving the ombudsman or will that just delay payment? Many thanks
0
Comments
-
Some links and guides, but the process itself can rattle on for years basically because of a queuing process.
https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/making-complaint/complain-us-getting-started?hl=en-GB
https://beaconchc.co.uk/how-we-can-help/retrospective-assessments-pupoc/?hl=en-GB1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
